Now you can be informed about your child’s daily homework and scheduled upcoming tests, quizzes, assignment due dates, lab dates etc. on a regular basis. Be sure to ask your child’s teacher for their username and follow the steps below to help get you started.
Step 2: Search for Teachers
- Visit Settings > Search Members to search a teacher by their username.
- Number beside My Network indicates how many members have sent you a friend request.
- You will receive a notification when your friend request has been accepted.
- Visit My Network and tap the checkmark to accept a request.
- Swipe a member’s row to the left (tap and hold on an android) to remove a member from My Network.
- iOS: Tap the icon in the top left corner for Settings
- Android: Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner for Settings.
Step 3: Join a Group Calendar
- Teachers will send you a request to join their group calendar.
- Tap the push notification or visit Invitations to JOIN the group calendar in order to receive events related to your child’s education.
- You will be granted Read-Only access, which allows you to see the group events, create your own reminders however you cannot make changes to the group calendar.
Group Events and Notifications
- You will be notified when a teacher adds a new event, updates or deletes an event in the shared group calendar.
- Events created by teachers will sync to your calendar.
- When you create a notification for any event, they are for you ONLY and not sent out to other members.
- Tap on an event to view the details from Agenda, Month or Week view.
- Tap the edit icon in the top right corner to add your own notifications.
- Setup as many notifications as you want.
- Tap the + icon to create a new notification for a group event.
- Tap done to save or tap 30 Minutes before to change the notification time and tap Done to save.
- You can change the notification time to send 1 week before, 1 day before, etc. Many to choose from to help you stay on track.
- Tap Reminder to change the title to a more desired notification.
- Remind yourself to help your child prepare for a presentation or exam.
- Follow the same steps to create multiple notifications.
- Ask for your teacher’s username.
- Send a friend request or accept your teacher’s request in My Network.
- Accept the group calendar invite from a teacher to receive updates on your child’s education.
- Stay on track of your child’s education by creating reminders for yourself.